Welcome to St Clair!
Our St Clair Supported Independent Living property is the perfect new home for female NDIS participants living with psychosocial or intellectual disabilities.
If you have goals around building your independence, this SIL home is for you.
Find out more on this page or contact us directly to request a tour!
What you'll love about our St Clair Supported Independent Living HomeOur four-bedroom home offers spacious interiors, large bedrooms and a large outdoor area where you can enjoy the fresh air.
You will be supported by a compassionate and qualified all-female staff of Afea Carers. Our carers are available 24/7, and are experienced and trained in supporting complex mental health and intellectual disabilities.
Enjoy 24/7 support and independenceYou'll have privacy in our beautiful home, but you'll also have the chance to increase your independence with the compassionate support of Afea Carers.
- 24/7 support from an all-female staff of Afea Carers
- Cars onsite for additional transport needs
- Four modern bedrooms
- Large outdoor area
Client Story: Michelle and Kristine
"I love you, sister!"
Join our clients Michelle and Kristine as they talk about their life at Afea’s Supported Independent Living home in St Clair.
In this video: mermaid braids, spaghetti bolognese, a quick carer quiz ("Do you know Michelle's favourite colour?") and a lovely friendship.
Easy access to fun spots in Western SydneyWith our SIL home located in the heart of Western Sydney, you’ll have immediate access to shopping centres, parks and recreational areas, and public transport.
- Three minutes to St Clair Shopping Centre and St Clair Leisure Centre
- One-minute walk to nearest bus stop, for 775, 776 and 835 buses
- Near green spaces such as Peppertree Reserve, Phoenix Reserve and Andrew Thompson Park
- In between Mt Druitt and St Marys train stations
What kind of supports can I receive in my Supported Independent Living home?
Afea Care Services will tailor a support plan that will equip you with the skills you need to live independently in your home. Our experienced Carers will help you with daily tasks such as:
- Personal care
- Household chores
- Daily skills training
- Shopping assistance
- Preparation of meals
- Medication assistance
- Community participation
- Additional NDIS funded services
How much does Supported Independent Living Cost?
Afea may charge up to 50% of the Disability Support Pension for household expenses including food and utilities. Rent will be up to 25% of the Disability Support Pension in addition to any Commonwealth Rent Assistance funding. You may be required to make a reasonable contribution on top of your funding to cover household costs, based on your individual needs and usage.
The daily supports are delivered as per the approved NDIS Roster of Care and are fully funded by the NDIA in line with your NDIS Plan. The approved funding amount will depend on your individual needs and goals. These will be determined by you and an Afea Accommodation Manager, who will create a Roster of Care to be submitted to the NDIA for approval.
How do I get Supported Independent Living funding?
Meet with an Afea Accommodation Manager to discuss your needs
Your Accommodation Manager will analyse your needs and create a Roster of Care
Roster of Care is submitted to NDIA for approval
Complete documentation and agreements
Move into your new home and receive services to live independently
Find out more about our other Supported Independent Living Homes!
- Oxley Park is a central, homely suburb located between Mount Druitt and St Marys.
- Our homes are made up of three recently refurbished townhouses with private backyards, flooded with natural light.
- This is the perfect new home for male NDIS participants who have been diagnosed with psychosocial or intellectual disabilities.
LIMITED VACANCIESCheck out our Supported Independent Living Home in Penrith! This is the perfect new home for NDIS participants who aspire to live independently and are open to living with others. We will match residents according to their needs and preferences.
- Centrally located with all amenities nearby.
- Four-bedroom brick home recently refurbished.
- Large, covered patio perfect for BBQs and small gatherings.
- Covered carport with plenty of off-street parking.
- 24/7 support from our team of carers.
Speak to our SIL team today
If you want to know more about our Supported Independent Living Homes, just reach out to our team!Get in Touch