Welcome to Penrith!
Our Penrith Supported Independent Living property is the perfect new home for NDIS participants who aspire to live independently and are open to living with others.
Find out more on this page or contact us directly to request a tour!
What you'll love about our Penrith SIL Home
This fully furnished and recently refurbished four-bedroom brick home located on a quiet residential street will welcome you with plenty of natural light. The sleek and modern open-plan living area offers free-flowing spaces between the dining area, kitchen and lounge, with a laundry room, covered carport and a large patio perfect for entertaining guests. Residents will have 24/7 support from our team of experienced and qualified Carers.
Enjoy 24/7 support and independence
You'll have privacy in our beautiful home, but you'll also have the chance to increase your independence with the compassionate support of Afea Carers.
- 24/7 support from experienced and qualified Afea Carers
- Beautiful four-bedroom brick home
- Recently refurbished
- Large, covered patio perfect for BBQs and small gatherings
- Covered carport with plenty of off-street parking
Home in the heart of Penrith
You'll have access to lots of vibrant cafes and restaurants, a diverse cultural scene and local spots for unique adventures and fun activities.
- Nearby public amenities include parks, reserves and sporting fields
- Quiet neighbourhood
- Eight minutes to Penrith RSL, Westfield Penrith and Nepean Village shopping centre
- Four minutes to Nepean Rugby Park and Andrews Road Baseball Complex
- Five-minute walk to nearest bus stop, for 786 and 678 buses
- Eight minutes to Penrith train station
What kind of supports can I receive in my SIL home?
Afea Care Services will tailor a support plan that will equip you with the skills you need to live independently in your home. Our experienced Carers will help you with daily tasks such as:
- Personal care
- Household chores
- Daily skills training
- Shopping assistance
- Preparation of meals
- Medication assistance
- Community participation
- Additional NDIS funded services
How much does Supported Independent Living Cost?
Afea may charge up to 50% of the Disability Support Pension for household expenses including food and utilities. Rent will be up to 25% of the Disability Support Pension in addition to any Commonwealth Rent Assistance funding. You may be required to make a reasonable contribution on top of your funding to cover household costs, based on your individual needs and usage.
The daily supports are delivered as per the approved NDIS Roster of Care and are fully funded by the NDIA in line with your NDIS Plan. The approved funding amount will depend on your individual needs and goals. These will be determined by you and an Afea Accommodation Manager, who will create a Roster of Care to be submitted to the NDIA for approval.
How do I get Supported Independent Living funding?
Meet with an Afea Accommodation Manager to discuss your needs
Your Accommodation Manager will analyse your needs and create a Roster of Care
Roster of Care is submitted to NDIA for approval
Complete documentation and agreements
Move into your new home and receive services to live independently
Find out more about our other SIL Homes!
- Located in the heart of Western Sydney in St Clair, with immediate access to shopping centres, parks and recreational areas, and public transport.
- Staffed by compassionate and qualified support workers with experience supporting people with mental health challenges.
- Our home can accommodate four women who have goals around building their independence!
- Oxley Park is a central, homely suburb located between Mount Druitt and St Marys.
- Our homes are made up of three recently refurbished townhouses with private backyards, flooded with natural light.
- This is the perfect new home for male NDIS participants who have been diagnosed with psychosocial or intellectual disabilities.
Speak to our SIL team today
If you want to know more about our Supported Independent Living Homes, just reach out to our team!Get in Touch