Home Care Package Eligibility - Afea Care Services

Home Care Package Eligibility

Eligibility for Home Care Packages is based on your care needs and will be determined in a meeting between you and an assessor from the My Aged Care Assessment Team.

To be eligible you must be:

  • 65 years or older (50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people) and need services to remain at home, or
  • 50 years or older (45 years or older for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) on a low income, homeless or at risk of being homeless or have care needs not met through other specialist services

Your financial situation won’t affect your eligibility. However, it may change the amount you need to contribute to your package

If you only need a low level of support, you may not need a Home Care Package. Instead, you can receive self-funded care or apply for the Commonwealth Home Support Program.

Find out more about Home Care Packages in our guide below.

Understanding Home Care Packages

You may need more support in daily activities as you get older, but that doesn’t mean you need to move out of your own home.

A Home Care Package is a form of care support provided through My Aged Care that can help you live in your own home for as long as possible.

Let’s take a closer look at the assessment process, services you can access, funding levels and the fees you may need to contribute towards your care.

Read More
Smiling old lady sitting on couch and holding smartphone

Frequently asked questions

What fees might I pay?

Basic daily fee

Afea Care Services does not charge the basic daily fee unless you need extra services that are not covered by your package amount. The fee is a percentage of the basic age pension.

Income-tested care fee

You may be required to contribute to the cost of your care depending on your income. You will have an income assessment from Services Australia or DVA which will determine whether you are required to pay any fees to contribute to your government-funded subsidy.

Any additional fees you agree to

These additional fees may be for services that are otherwise not covered by your HCP.

What types of services can I receive?

You can access services that will help you live independently at home, such as assistance with shopping, personal care, housekeeping and gardening. You may also receive subsidies for consumables and equipment to assist you, such as continence pads, walking aids and other types of assistive technology

Can I receive services immediately?

Yes, once you contact Afea you can start receiving services as soon as you enter a Home Care Agreement. If you do not have Home Care Package funding, you can self-fund the services you need in the interim

Can Afea help me access Home Care Package funding?

Yes, our team will guide you through the application process. Simply call us on 1300 65 11 33 or fill out this form to chat to one of our friendly experts


Start Services