Code of Conduct
Afea Pty Ltd is an NDIS Registered Provider (ID: 4050002627).
As an NDIS Registered Provider, we follow the NDIS Code of Conduct, which requires providers and workers to:
- act with respect for individual rights to freedom of expression, self-determination, and decision-making in accordance with relevant laws and conventions
- respect the privacy of people with disability
- provide supports and services in a safe and competent manner with care and skill
- act with integrity, honesty, and transparency
- promptly take steps to raise and act on concerns about matters that might have an impact on the quality and safety of supports provided to people with disability
- take all reasonable steps to prevent and respond to all forms of violence, exploitation, neglect, and abuse
- take all reasonable steps to prevent sexual misconduct.
The NDIS Code of Conduct applies to all workers of:
- registered NDIS providers
- unregistered NDIS providers
- community partners of the NDIA – LAC and ECEI providers
- providers delivering information, linkages, and capacity building activities
- providers delivering Commonwealth Continuity of Support Programme services funded by the Department of Health for people over the age of 65
Full choice and control for Afea clients
Staff members of Afea Pty Ltd offer full choice and control to our clients, and will always act in the best interest of our clients.
Staff members of Afea Pty Ltd will not (by act or omission) constrain, influence or direct decision-making by an NDIS Participant and/or their representatives so as to limit that person’s access to information, opportunities, and choice and control.
The decision will ultimately be made by the NDIS Participant and/or their representatives and we will respect and uphold that decision.