If you’re in the process of looking for a Home Care Package provider, the eight Aged Care Quality Standards should give you an idea of the quality of care you should expect to receive at home.
These standards also apply to the quality of care that residents receive in an aged care facility.
Have a look at the Aged Care Quality Standards below, as well as the questions that will help guide you in finding the right provider.
The 8 Aged Care Quality Standards
Consumer dignity and choice
- Are you treated with dignity and respect?
- Can you make informed choices about the services you receive?
Ongoing assessment and planning
- Are you considered a partner in the ongoing assessment and planning of your care?
Personal care and clinical care
- Are you getting personal and/or clinical care that is safe and right for you?
Services and supports for daily living
- Are you getting the services and supports for daily living that are important for your health and wellbeing?
- Do these services and supports enable you to do the things you want to do?
Organisation’s service environment
- Does your provider create a physical environment that makes you feel safe and comfortable?
Feedback and complaints
- Are you encouraged and supported to give feedback and make complaints?
- Are your feedback and complaints addressed? Do they take the appropriate action to address them?
- Are your provider’s staff knowledgeable, capable and caring?
- Are you confident the organisation is well run?
Understanding Home Care Packages – Let’s take a closer look at the assessment process, services you can access, funding levels and the fees you may need to contribute towards your care.
Managing your HCP – What happens if you need to make changes to your services or go on a long holiday? We discuss everything related to managing your Home Care Package in this post.
Home Care Package services from Afea
We always say there is no substitute for experience!
Afea has been operating for more than 14 years in the industry. Our compassionate Afea Carers will help you maintain your independence in your own home and you will have ongoing support from a dedicated care team. Contact us now and we’ll develop a care plan designed just for you.