Mental Health Support Worker
We are looking for an experienced Mental Health Worker to provide support in our Supported Independent Living home in Oxley Park. This rewarding role is perfect for someone who is passionate about helping people within the mental health space.
Afea Care Services is a leading disability and aged care services provider in Australia. We pride ourselves on our vision, To be the Most Trusted Care Provider, and our mission, To Empower People. Through our transparent approach, the power of our smiles and the clinical know-how, we aim to make a real difference in the lives of people in our community.
What you’ll love about Afea:
Joining the team at Afea means you will be joining a rapidly expanding purpose led organisation with opportunities for mentorship from our exceptional leaders.
We also offer:
- Annual Leave loading
- Monthly mindfulness sessions
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- Fun social events and team bonding days
- Employee Assistance Program for Afea employees
- An inspiring, fun and vibrant group of people to work with
- Recognition, rewards and mentorship from exceptional leaders
As a Mental Health Carer (Support Worker), you will find yourself:
- Providing individualised care for the client, using a person-centred approach
- Positively engaging, interacting, and working with people who have complex mental health needs
- Applying sensitivity, empathy, cultural awareness and an open-minded approach to client’s needs
- Improving the quality of life by making the accommodation as homely and comfortable as possible
- Managing challenging behaviours and applying of Behavioural Management Plans when applicable
- Delivering in-home supports to assist in the independent living of our participants with complex support needs
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- Current clear Police Check
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- Relevant qualifications in mental health
- Empathetic and clear communication skills with developed interpersonal skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in complex mental health, social anxiety, schizophrenia and challenging behaviours
- Available to work on a flexible roster, which may include a combination of shifts during days, afternoons, active nights, sleepovers and weekends.
We look forward to hearing from you!