The NDIS will provide assistance to approximately 460,000 Australians with a permanent and significant disability. In conjunction with the NDIS, Afea works to provide reasonable and necessary support to help those with disabilities achieve their goals and aspirations.
Here are 4 things you need to know about the NDIS.
- The NDIS helps to provide support to both physical disabilities and some permanent mental health conditions. On the NDIS, you’ll have access to a range of support services to meet your daily needs and build skills and capacity. The ongoing goal is for you to become independent and participate in the community. At Afea we are aiming to place carers who are genuine, compassionate, nurturing and experienced in all areas covered under the NDIS.
- It’s in your control. We understand the importance of taking care of your loved ones and pride ourselves on providing responsive home care, no matter how little or how much help you and your family need, we are Committed to Caring. Our Carers are dedicated to providing care that suits your family’s goals for the future. Under the NDIS you get to choose the individuals and organisations who support you to achieve your goals, so you can live a fulfilling, independent life.
- You choose your plan. Your plan is a work in progress and at Afea we are intent on improving the quality of the care services we provide. That’s why our plans are completely flexible, they will change as your needs change. Spending some time away? No problem – roll your services over to the next period.
- As a family or an individual, you can change the plan as you go and as your family’s needs change.
- As a part of the NDIS Code of Conduct, carers must act with integrity, honesty and transparency but at Afea we want to take it a step further and place carers that become a part of your family. Our carers learn and grow alongside the families they work with striving to increase the sustainability of family caring arrangement, including personal care and domestic assistance related to the person’s disability.
Afea’s Administration Care Team can facilitate end-to-end care management
when and where you need it. Have an Afea care manager visit you at home. Give us a call on 1300 65 11 33 to learn more.