Location: Parramatta | NSW
Founded in 2008, Afea Care Services is a registered provider of disability and aged care services, with support hubs located in Parramatta and Liverpool. We have a team of 1,000+ carers providing in-home and community support across the Sydney metro area and parts of regional NSW to more than 1,400 families every week. We also provide safe housing in our Supported Independent Living homes in western Sydney, as well as Plan Management and Support Coordination services to NDIS participants across Australia.
Our amazing work culture has been recognised many times over: we were named one of the fastest growing companies in Australia, according to the 2021 AFR Fast 100. We also ranked third in the 2021 and 2022 AFR Best Places to Work (Health) and were named the 2021 Employer of Choice in Sydney Metro by Business NSW.
Due to our continued success and growth, we are excited to expand our team! This is an incredible opportunity to join an award-winning organisation that promotes authenticity, purposefulness, responsibility and understanding, with a mission to empower the elderly and people living with disability.
What will you be doing in this amazing role?
- Empowering clients with a voice and choice of plan implementation that meet their NDIS plan goals
- Develop and record progress of goals for clients that are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time limited (SMART)
- Strengthen and enhance a client’s capacity to coordinate supports, self-direct and manage supports along with community participation
- Encourage clients to exercise choice and control to access a range of formal and informal mainstream and community-based support, by identifying opportunities for innovative service delivery
- Promote Afea Care Services in the community and generate new leads through attending community and social events related to disability service industry
What are you going to bring along with you?
- Tertiary qualifications in social work or related fields
- We would also like you to demonstrate an understanding of support plans, or develop a support plan where necessary
- Show us your drive and passion not only to support our existing clients but to contribute to the growth of this part of the business
- Showcase your excellent written and verbal communication skills
- And finally…be passionate in providing person-centred and active support
Benefits of working at Afea Care Services
- A fun, friendly and supportive team
- Afean Leave, which is an additional day of paid leave each year where we encourage you to take a day off to focus on your own wellness, physical and/or mental health or just your general happiness
- Work-life balance with a flexible hybrid work arrangement
- Compounding anniversary bonuses
- Customised training and career development opportunities
- Outstanding rewards, recognition and social programs
- 8% discount on private health insurance through CBHS
- A focus on self-care and mindfulness – we even have our own meditation room!