Human Resources Intern
Do you want to gain some hands-on HR experience in a corporate environment? Join Afea Care Services, a leading disability and aged care services provider in Sydney. We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to join our HR team for 2-3 days per week. You will complete administrative duties to support the HR function and have opportunities to participate in the whole HR process from Talent Acquisition to Employee Retention.
You will gain broad experience in HR and will be equipped to enter any fast-paced work environment. If you are a dedicated, creative, hard-working and passionate individual that would like to start a meaningful career, Afea Care Services is an ideal place to get ahead! Apply Today!
We pride ourselves on our Vision, to be the most Trusted home care provider and our Mission to Empower People. Through our transparent approach, the power of our smiles and the clinical know how, we aim to make a real difference in the lives of people in our community.
Joining the team at Afea means you will be joining a rapidly expanding organisation with opportunities for ongoing development for driven and ambitious individuals.
What you’ll love about Afea:
- Close to public transport
- An inspiring, fun and vibrant team
- Fruit and milk deliveries straight to work
- Purposeful employment and values driven culture
- Brand new, purpose-built office space and amenities
- Celebrations and social events and team bonding days
- Internship Certificate will be granted at the end of the program
- Potential opportunity to a part-time or full-time role after the internship program
- A supportive company that allows for progressive individuals to grow and learn new skills
As an HR Intern, you will be responsible to assist the HR team in:
- Balancing multiple tasks and competing priorities effectively
- Assisting office and field employees on-boarding and off-boarding process
- Assisting in providing research for policies, strategic planning and other HR issues
- Organising, coordinating and maintaining Learning and Development for office and field employees
- Maintaining Human Resource compliance documentation such as photo ID, Police Check, First Aid Certificate, WWCC among other documents
- Being the first point of contact for employees for employment related matters including policy interpretation, employee benefits and conditions of employment
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Customer service and problem-solving skills preferable
- Current and Valid Australian Federal Police Check or willing to obtain
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or other related area is preferable
This is an exciting opportunity for students looking to gain quality HR experience
Please note this is an internship position. Due to the expected high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duration: 3 months
Residency Requirement: All candidates considered including international students